Absence

Hello my fellow bloggers.

I hope you all are having a nice Christmas holiday season.

Anyway, I have been off site for longer than I care to, due to a steadily increasingly busy schedule, both personally and professionally.

More of it could be professionally, have been going through a mental block. Don't know whether it just happens with me or does everyone face it sometime!

I just couldn't write anymore. I still haven't been able to figure out why, but I could not. After my last post there was sort of a perpetual block.There were so many things on my mind which I wished to write about but when it actually came to penning it down, I was lost.


I kind of developed a major "depression". Though I feel that depression might be a bit too strong word to explain my state. It goes like that for me. I have periods of relative stability and then weeks of being your regular zombie. I WANTED to write. But I couldn't. There really isn't a good example to explain this. But when I get in that mode, I simply don't want to do anything.

And it's not just with writing. It's with even the most basic things. I really shouldn't be doing this. But I'm only sharing it because I think people need more than just, "I couldn't write."

For a person who makes his living out of "Writing", I could not write seems to be lame excuse. But it's true.

But on the brighter side am back and back for good, with lots of thoughts and determination. Writing these many paragraphs in the past few weeks for my blog certify's that am on stage of recovery.

Initially,I considered simply not addressing my long absence at all. But it seemed likely people would wonder why I would have been gone for so long from a blog I myself created. Yet, the reasons for my absence were not particularly interesting.

So with this post, I acknowledge my absence and register an intention not to let there be so long an absence again.

I only want to say that I want to continue to be a part of this and not just as an observer.

Got a lot to catch upon!!

Wishing you all a Happy New Year!!

9 Comments:

  1. Shriti said...
    yay!!
    so you are finally back.. well I missed you alot .
    'am sooooo much happy that you are back :))
    Ann said...
    Welcome Back DD... Yeah Even I was wondering that where you are?

    Yeah it happens with everyone. We feel blocked mentally to do anything. But it's a timely phase.. I think you need a good break.

    Chill out with hot chicks and enjoy... :)

    And Happy New Year.
    Anonymous said...
    I was wondering where you went. I'm glad your back. (:

    I do know what you mean though about just not being able to write. That happens to most people I think. At least it does me.
    angel6033 said...
    hey!! I was wondering were you had gone? I had barely begun to get all into your blog and enjoy it and you left me hanging :( lol So glad to have you back! and waht better way to overcome depression adn writers block than to well.....WRITE!! :)
    DayDreamer said...
    @Chocolate Lover/GND/Gavin/angel6033

    Thanks for your lovely support guys..this is what I missed the most..

    Missed u all too..

    Very Happy New Year Guys..
    Shriti said...
    You have been awarded :)
    sulagna said...
    dev!!how was the hibernation ??we have all been waiting..
    DayDreamer said...
    @Chocolate Lover: Thanks 4 the lovely award!!

    @Sulagna: Hibernation was tough..lolz...Missed you guys..
    Amity said...
    yeah, you're right...!!!!

    most of us come to that point in our lives...depression....but i still write inspite of such state...to tell you honestly!!!

    great ur back Dev...we missed you at blogville...stay for good...:)

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds