New Year Cometh

New Year’s Day is almost here; the start of a new calendar year and a time when we all seem to give in to the imperative to renew and remake ourselves.

Are you planning on losing 5 lbs?
Taking up an exercise program?
Stop (a) smoking (b) overeating or (c) overspending?

Well different people have different wishes & resolutions..but for me..its plain and simple..I just want my life to to be "still" not that I hate progress and do not have aspirations..

Click on image for blow-up

Sometimes I just sit down and think..that with every passing year life gets tough and more complicated..

  • Oh I am so envious of the little kid who does not have to care about anything happening in this world..
  • I get goosebumps thinking about my school life..crushes..girls..fights..
  • I miss my college life..late night parties..bunking lectures..last minute preps before the exams..

But I guess changes are part of life and every New Year brings - Inevitable "Changes".

I feel some changes coming...good changes of course! Not only for me but for everyone associated with me..

As My Angel always says to me - When the WHOLE WORLD says "Give up", HOPE whispers ' One more time"

We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day.


Here is Wishing you a Very Happy New Year!!

11 Comments:

  1. Siddhesh Kabe said...
    hey dev...that Calvin was well chosen...excellent...:D

    Happy new year to you too...:D
    DayDreamer said...
    Hey Sid,

    Great to hear from you..
    Glad you liked it..

    Very Happy New Year to you as well!!
    Shriti said...
    Happy new year :)
    DayDreamer said...
    @ Chocolate Lover: Thanks a ton Dear..n Same to you..
    :-)
    Amity said...
    where have you been all those days Dev...i've missed you in my blog, after giving me that "awesome blog award" then you're nowhere to be found...!

    but thanks you're back!

    nice post here!!!
    Áine said...
    Change can be scary :) There is a Japanese proverb 'Be not afraid of going slowly,be afraid of standing still' Food for thought lol

    Happy New Year,I'm glad to see your back blogging :)
    angel6033 said...
    HAppy NEw years to you!! I hope all chnages to come are good ones :)..
    Amity said...
    I've tagged u, it will be up tomorrow, do visit my space...:)
    DayDreamer said...
    @Smileyfreak: That's a great thought..Happy New Year..

    @angel6033: Hoping the same..A very Happy New Year to You as well!!

    @ Amity Me: Will check out the tag pretty soon..Thanks..
    sulagna said...
    dEV hAPPY nEW yEAR...dI yOU KOW cN h IS Lik E My alltimE FAVORITE
    DayDreamer said...
    @ Sulagna: Was not aware of same..but now I know...so expect more of it..

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds